Friday 22 April 2011

The Coming of Easter

Palm Sunday
Holy Monday
Holy Tuesday
Holy Wednesday
Maundy Thursday (Holy Thursday)
Good Friday
Holy Saturday (Easter Vigil)

That's the chronicles of the holy week, the last week of the 40 days of Lent.  Each represents a very significant prehistoric events of Jesus' journey to Jerusalem till His death on the cross.  The holy week ends with Easter Sunday, where He resurrected and rose from death.

Christians throughout the world observe this week as the most solemn week in the Christian calendar.  Observations included fasting and offering prayers.

I thought I should share this song.  I enjoyed the spiritual comfort it delivers.  Have I mentioned that I joined the church's choir group before?  Darn it, the only hymm I enjoyed but not frequently sung in church.


Thank you Lord for the Trials that Come My Way  Smiley
Thank you, Lord,
for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day
as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,
for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,
I can learn to care.

Chorus:
But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting 
can be easily ignored.

I thank you, Lord,
with each trial I feel inside,
that you're there to help,
lead and guide me away from wrong.
'Cause you promised, Lord,
that with every testing,
that your way of escaping is easier to bear.

I thank you, Lord,
for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything
life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord,
that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face,
and it's there you belong.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...